Systolic Blood Pressure Determinants
Rabindra Nath Das*
Published: 11 July, 2017 | Volume 1 - Issue 1 | Pages: 032-038
Hypertension and blood pressure are closely related, and hypertension is directly related with stroke. There are different type of blood pressures such as basal, diastolic, maximum, mean arterial, systolic, mean central venous. The present report examines the determinants of systolic blood pressure for two different groups of cardiac patients. One group of cardiac patients is those who underwent dobutamine stress echocardiography, and the other group is Worcester heart attack study. Many systolic blood pressure determinants, their effects, and correlations have been focused in the current report.
Read Full Article HTML
Cite this Article
Read Full Article PDF
Basal blood pressure; Cardiogenic shock; Diastolic blood pressure; Heart rate; Systolic blood pressure; Joint generalized linear models
- Kearney PM, Whelton M, Reynolds K, Muntner P, Whelton PK, et al. Global burden of hypertension: analysis of worldwide data. Lancet. 2005; 365: 217-223. Ref.: https://goo.gl/Ntbcjy
- Micha R, Wallace SK, Mozaff arian D. Red and processed meat consumption and risk of incident coronary heart disease, stroke, and diabetes mellitus: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Circulation. 2010; 121: 2271-2283. Ref.: https://goo.gl/goFAFy
- Falaschetti E, Chaudhury M, Mindell J, Poulter N. Continued improvement in hypertension management in England: results from the Health Survey for England 2006. Hypertension. 2009; 53: 480-486. Ref.: https://goo.gl/Vajzju
- Tomaszewski M, White C, Patel P, Masca N, Damani R, et al. High rates of nonadherence to antihypertensive treatment revealed by high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (HP LC-MS/MS) urine analysis. Heart. 2014; 100: 855-861. Ref.: https://goo.gl/q1pPqn
- Das RN. Blood Pressure for Different Types of Patients. Interv Cardiol J. 2016; 29: 1-3.
- Jung O, Gechter JL, Wunder C, Paulke A, Bartel C, et al. Resistant hypertension? Assessment of adherence by toxicological urine analysis. J Hypertens. 2013; 31: 766-774. Ref.: https://goo.gl/SDPdtZ
- Parati G, Ochoa JE, Lombardi C, Bilo G. Assessment and management of blood-pressure variability. Nat Rev Cardiol. 2013; 10: 143-155. Ref.: https://goo.gl/R2Axuc
- Menni C. Blood pressure pharmacogenomics: gazing into a misty crystal ball. J Hypertens. 2015; 33: 1142-1143. Ref.: https://goo.gl/hcMxPh
- Das RN. Hypertension Risk Factors of Shock Patients. Health Care: Current Reviews. 2016; 4: 1-3.
- Das RN. Determinants of acute myocardial infarction of Worcester heart attack study. Journal of Heart and Cardiology. 2016; 2: 1-7.
- Parati G, Stergiou GS, Asmar R, Bilo G, de Leeuw P, et al. European Society of Hypertension guidelines for blood pressure monitoring at home: a summary report of the Second International Consensus Conference on Home Blood Pressure Monitoring. J Hypertens. 2008; 26: 1505-1526. Ref.: https://goo.gl/mVAeW3
- Pickering TG, Miller NH, Ogedegbe G, Krakoff LR, Artinian NT, et al. Call to action on use and reimbursement for home blood pressure monitoring: a joint scientific statement from the American Heart Association, American Society of Hypertension, and Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association. Hypertension 2008; 52: 10-29. Ref.: https://goo.gl/BSx6hg
- Stergiou GS, Bliziotis IA. Home blood pressure monitoring in the diagnosis and treatment of hypertension: a systematic review. Am J Hypertens. 2011; 24: 123-134. Ref.: https://goo.gl/3TaSTW
- Stergiou GS, Kollias A, Zeniodi M, Karpettas N, Ntineri A. Home blood pressure monitoring: primary role in hypertension management. Curr Hypertens Rep. 2014; 16: 462-469. Ref.: https://goo.gl/5cG7fB
- Stergiou GS, Zourbaki AS, Skeva II, Mountokalakis TD. White coat effect detected using self-monitoring of blood pressure at home: comparison with ambulatory blood pressure. Am J Hypertens. 1998; 11: 820-827. Ref.: https://goo.gl/SHGGsv
- Stergiou GS, Skeva II, Baibas NM, Kalkana CB, Roussias LG, et al. Diagnosis of hypertension using home or ambulatory blood pressure monitoring: comparison with the conventional strategy based on repeated clinic blood pressure measurements. J Hypertens. 2000; 18: 1745-1751. Ref.: https://goo.gl/Qm333a
- Krivokapich J, Child JS, Walter DO, Garfinkel A. Prognostic value of dobutamine stress echocardiography in predicting cardiac events in patients with known or suspected coronary artery disease. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 1999; 33: 708-716. Ref.: https://goo.gl/sLNPtd
- Das RN. Hypertension risk factors who underwent Dobutamine stress echocardiography. Interventional Cardiology. Open Access. 2016;8: 595-605. Ref.: https://goo.gl/CNFjBB
- Hosmer DW, Lemeshow S, May S. Applied Survival Analysis: Regression Modeling of Time to Event Data: Second Edition, John Wiley and Sons Inc. New York. 2008.
- Lee Y, Nelder JA, Pawitan Y. Generalized Linear Models with Random Effects (Unified Analysis via H-likelihood). Chapman & Hall. London. 2006.
- Das RN, Lee Y. Analysis strategies for multiple responses in quality improvement experiments. Int J Qual Engineering Techno. 2010; 1: 395-409. Ref.: https://goo.gl/Ne2fvX
- Das RN, Lee Y. Log normal versus gamma models for analyzing data from quality-improvement experiments Qual Engineering. 2008; 21: 79-87. Ref.: https://goo.gl/q4JF6x
- Das RN. Robust Response Surfaces, Regression, and Positive Data Analyses. Chapman & Hall. London. 2014. Ref.: https://goo.gl/jva35s